What is construction & Liability Insurance?

When you’re working on a construction site, plenty of things can go wrong. Damage or loss to a building could cost you time, money and even your reputation. Meanwhile, an onsite injury can result in considerable pain, stress and financial loss.

That’s why having the right amount and type of Construction & Liability Insurance is an important part of your business toolkit, allowing you to get on with the job with less stress and worry.

Barrenjoey Insurance Brokers will provide you with the expert Construction & Liability Insurance advice you need allowing you to get on with the job, stress free!

Who should consider it?

Contract Works Insurance is recommended for small, medium and large commercial, industrial and domestic builders, sub-contractors and owner builders. Most owner builders take out contract works insurance for a specific contract, while professional builders generally choose an annual policy that covers multiple contracts.

What can it cover?

Depending on your policy, contract works insurance can cover you against:

• Property Damage
• Public Liability
• Minor Plant & Tools
• Major Plant & Equipment
• Cover for Existing Structures
• Escalation of Construction Cost
• Expediting Expenses
• Removal of Debris
• Professional Fees
• Transit
• Principal Supplied Items
• Legal Expenses

Did you know?

(Safe Work Australia, Construction Industry
Profile, 2015)

(NSW Police Force, Preventing Building Site Theft, 2018)

(ABC, ‘Regional residents urge to keep watch for building site theft’, 2014)